Sometimes great music can also be recorded at home. Artist like Radiohead, Bon Iver, Bob Dylan and The rolling stones recorded great albums in their homes or in their garage, and it is really not a hard task as long as you have the right equipment.
We will share with you some of the best studio recording bundles or packages you can easily use in your home, while travelling or even for podcasting. They are kits with awesome features and great quality.
Basic Items in a Studio Bundle
First lets cover the most basic essentials that each bundle is likely to have.
A microphone is very essential to the whole recording process, without it, well nothing can happen. There are two types of microphones used in studio for recording. Condenser microphone and the dynamic microphone.
This type of microphone is quite expensive and it is the best type to use for recording high quality audio. Unlike other types of microphone, a condenser microphone is able to capture low frequencies.
The condenser microphone is the ideal microphone to use for studio recording.
Unlike the condenser microphone, the dynamic microphone cannot capture low or quiet frequencies, making it a not so great choice for studio recording.
A dynamic microphone is best suited for live performances. Finding a condenser microphone and a dynamic microphone in the same bundle is a rare occurrence, and only a handful of bundles with that feature will be available.
The diaphragm is a thin covering that sits at the top of the microphone. It is the only layer sound is allowed to pass through.
A large diaphragm is mandatory for studio recording as it is able to pick up subtle variations of sound, all microphone have a diaphragm even if it is a small or large one, but a large diaphragm is best for effective vocal and instrument recording.
An audio interface is the device where you connect instruments to, the audio interface is also connected to a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) which is the software you use to record.
An audio interface varies in size. A small audio interface will be able to host only one instrument, while a larger audio interface can carry multiple instrument and is best suited for live performances.
Audio interface also have different inputs that can suit different circumstances. You may need a larger audio interface if you want to play in a live performance that requires a lot of input for instrument, while a small audio interface is best for a simple home studio.
A good studio recording bundle includes a pop filter. A pop filter is a mesh that prevents vocals from getting through to the microphone. It filters out that disliked “p” or “b” sound.
Headphones are also important in recording. It serves as your signal as to when to sing along with the audio track or with the instrument.
Studio monitors are great but not really necessary. Like the headphones, they make significant consideration.
Though they are a little pricey, they are really awesome and useful. You alternate between using a studio monitor and headphones.
Digital audio workstation(DAW)
This is where all the magic and fun happens in recording. It contains effects that enhances your audio. Only a few packages comes with a DAW and if you are lucky enough to have one you should utilize it, as it process your audio, creates sounds and does a lot of edit.
A popular DAW software is the Ableton Live Lite, these software includes pro tools for professional editing.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen Recording Bundle
- Pro performance with the finest pre-amps - Achieve a brighter and a more open...
- Capture studio-quality recordings for music and podcasts - The included large...
- Comfort and quality for mixing and streaming music - Truly hear your music with the...
The focusrite Scarlett 2i2 recording bundle is the bestselling USB audio interface in the world. It records 24bits/192kHZ sound quality which is great, it has 2 line inputs, 2 instrument input and 2 air enabled pre amps.
It is suitable for people looking to record professional audio anywhere and it is also suitable for podcasts and YouTube voiceovers. It has a large diaphragm CM25 MkIII condenser microphone packaged with a MkIII HP60 Headphones and an XRL cable and a USB cable.
It also has multiple input that allows you to record with not one, but with two instruments. It also comes with the best microphone preamps and the best headphone amps.
It comes with very great software like The Focusrite creative pack and Ableton Live Lite. There are also other versions of Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 bundles like the 1st Gen and the 2nd Gen, they are relatively affordable like the 3rd Gen.
- It is affordable
- It is beginners friendly
- It has lots of USB slots
- It comes with great software
- Contains 3 months splice subscription
- No pop shield or wind screen filter included
- Its headphone are not that great as it’s amps are much louder. It also bleeds a lot of sound
Presonus Audio Box USB 96 Studio Package
- Everything you need to record and produce at home in a single purchase.
- Rugged AudioBox USB 96 audio/MIDI interface for recording vocals and instruments.
- HD7 headphones let you mix, monitor, and produce without bothering your roommates.
The presonus audio box recording package has a high quality HD7 headphones and an M7 large diaphragm studio condenser microphone that comes with a mic stand and a mic stand adpter. It is easy to set up and it is durable.
It comes with pre amplifiers that possess 24- bits converter, it also comes with two XLR input (external line return) and a TRS input (tip, ring, sleeve). It also has a 48v Phantom power, meaning that there is no need for an external source of power.
Just like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, the presonus audio box comes with a studio- one artist DAW software. It is easy to use and offers different great features like reverb, modulation effect and more.
It also has ports for USB and instruments, and they come with studio monitors. But one of it’s greatest attraction, is that it comes with a Musical instrument digital interface (MIDI) input/ output which is a rare occurrence on an audio interface.
- Comes with an MIDI input/ output
- You can pick a version that comes with headphones
- It also has lots of ports for USB and instruments
- It Includes a studio monitor
- Produces quality audio at an affordable budget.
- It comes with a Studio-one software.
- Presence of white noises when using direct monitoring
- The presonus converters aren’t up to the 192Hz quality, as it is 96kHZ
- There is no carrying case for the equipment to be carried in
- Absence of pop filter
- Get a full recording studio "out of the box" including USB audio interface, mixer,...
- High-resolution 2 In / 2 Out USB audio interface with plug-and-play for Windows XP...
- Studio-class 5-input 2-bus mixer with premium mic preamp and 2-band "British" EQ
This is another great set that comes with a lot of package at an affordable price. It is easy to use and it produces high quality audio, it is durable and it’s size is compact that it can be taken anywhere with you, it is 6.97 inches long, 5.28 inches wide and 1.85 inches high.
It comes with an XLR/TRS port, it also comes with one XM8500 dynamic microphone, one XENYX 502mixer and one HPM1000 closed back headphone. It also comes with two RCA cables and it has two inputs and two output ports.
It comes with a table stand mic, but it isn’t packed a lot of XRL like the other bundles. This package is best suited for podcasts, as the dynamic microphone will not be suitable for studio recording.
- It is compact and durable
- It is easy to use and beginner friendly
- It has pop filter
- It is affordable
- The mic and it’s audio interface aren’t that great like the others.
- Its software contains bugs and is not very useful
- It doesn’t have enough XLR ports.
TASCAM Track Pack Recording interface package
- Includes TASCAM’s US-2x2 USB audio interface, TM-80 studio condenser microphone,...
- The US-2x2 is a 2-in/2-out USB interface, bus powered from your Mac or Windows...
- The US-2x2 features Ultra-HDDA preamps for excellent noise and distortion specs,...
This studio recording package is easy to use and can be powers by 4AA batteries, but they can also be plugged into an outlet. It produces high quality audio at a maximum of 24bits and 96kHZ resolution.
It has 32 GB worth of space and it’s mic is great as it prevent ambient noises and disturbances from getting into your recording. It also have up to 57 decibel of gain on the audio interface that produces high quality audio.
And just lil some of these bundles, it also comes with a DAW software, Ableton Live Lite. The TASCAM headphones are well padded, therefore are not only able t control bleeds, but are also very comfortable.
- It has an inbuilt microphone that can b powered by batteries or electricity
- It includes a DAW software.
- It is portable
- Headphones are well padded.
- It doesn’t have a mic stand
- Slow exportation
Mackie Studio Bundle
- Big Knob Studio is your audio interface, monitor controller, and much more
- The EM-91C Condenser Mic is great for capturing vocals in amazing detail
- The EM-89D is versatile enough to capture even the loudest of sources
The Mackie studio recording bundle is the full package, as it comes with two types of microphone. An EM-91C large diaphragm condenser microphone with a mic stand and a shock mount, and an EM- 89D dynamic live vocal microphone.
It has a great USB audio interface with a resolution of 24bits/192kHZ, there are also lots of cable options to choose from like the USB cable, the RCA cable, ¼ TRS cable and two XLR cable. Let’s not forget about its MC-100 professional headphones that prevent bleeds and have high amps.
- It has everything you need in a studio recording package
- It has plenty cable options
- It comes with the two types of microphone (Condenser and dynamic)
- It has pro tools for professionals to use.
- It has a mic stand
- It has a shock mount
- It is expensive
- It does not come with a pop filter
- It is not beginner friendly, as it is complicated to use.
M-audio Vocal Studio Recording Bundle
This recording bundle that produces high quality audio is easy t use and affordable. It has an audio interface with ¼ instrument input and one combination output.
It has a large diaphragm condenser microphone to keep it safe when you are having along recording session, and a HDH 40 closed back head phones. Air music tech creative FX collection and other air music tech features are available in the M-audio vocal recording studio bundle.
With 2GB of touch loop content and48v phantom power, I think you are ready to record.
- Produces high quality audio
- Beginner friendly
- Has a shock mount
- It does not come with a mic stand
- It doesn’t offer much in the control department.
Rode NT1-A Vocal condenser Mic package
- Large diaphragm 1” gold-sputtered capsule
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-low noise, self-noise of only 5dB (A)
The Rode NT1-A large diaphragm cardioid condenser mic, weighs 4 pounds and requires 1 lithium ion battery. It has a pop filter and an XLR cable.
It comes with a shock mount and a dust cover. You can also upgrade to the Rode NT2- A large diaphragm cardioid condenser mic, as it offers a large HF1 gold sputtered capsule, and a high pass filter that allow you to choose any frequency that suits you..
- It comes with a mic stand
- It has pop filter
- It has a shock mount
- I doesn’t come with an audio interface
Audient Evo Start recording Bundle
- 2 x EVO Mic Pres - Designed to sound clean, detailed and accurate
- Class Leading Converters - Hear your audio more accurately
- Smartgain - Dial in your channels automatically
This very easy to use and beginner friendly studio recording bundle has a small audio interface that would probably only accommodate one instrument. It also has two channels, two preamps and 24bits/96kHZ resolution.
It has a large diaphragm condenser mic that comes with a shock mount, and an SR2000 studio monitor headphones. Just like some recording package the Audient Evo also comes with DAW software, Cubase LE.
The audience eco start recording bundle is best for streaming, podcasting and gaming.
Get the Audient Evo start recording bundle here
- It is easy to use and beginner friendly
- Comes with a software
- It is portable
- It comes with a shock mount
- It has a small audio interface
- Low latency
Izotope Spire Studio Recording Bundle
- Intuitive control - Simple button and touch-sensitive LED controls on Spire Studio...
- Intelligent Soundcheck - In seconds, Soundcheck will set your levels, identify your...
- On-board microphone - A studio-grade omnidirectional condenser mic picks up crisp,...
The Izotope spire studio brings you a wireless and rechargeable recording tool with mini directional speakers, and includes a 6 month free trial to the spire pro app for IOS. It has a ⅛ output and 4hour battery life.
Custom preamps is abalone with the isotope spire studio. It has a phantom power of 48v, and an XRL and a ¼ input for instrument.
- Uses Wi-Fi
- Includes a 6 month trial to the spire pro app
- It is portable
- It is expensive.
Factors to consider when purchasing a home studio recording kit.
We all know that these days it is preferred to swap electronics or gadgets for an upgrade rather than buy a new one. Well you have to be sure that the studio recording packaging you are purchasing should be similar to one in a higher level, so that swapping in the future will be possible.
You should consider the size of your package and whether it comes with a carrying bag. This is only necessary for people who wish to travel with their kit.
You have to know who you are reaching out to. If you are a YouTuber or a podcaster or an artist there are different kits for you. If you specialize in podcast and you buy a bundle for a songwriter or a musician, it’s wasting money since a podcaster kit costs less.
You do not want to purchase a package that will break down after a few month of use. Other user reviews will help you determine if a brand really lives up to its name.
Studio recording bundles comes in various amounts. While some are a bit pricey because they include more equipment, others are quite cheap because they have the standard equipment
As you can see above, all the different studio recording kits have different features that makes them different. Some of these kits comes with studio monitors some don’t, some comes with lots of cables and others with few.
Some studio recording packages comes with a DAW software for editing. You may want to buy a kit that includes a software, plus you may even get free trials to use these software.
A kit with a feature that suits your purpose is the right one for you.
Different kit produces different quality of audio. Fortunately, the kits above all produce high quality audio. You have to be careful not to purchase a package that produces low quality audio, as some bundles don’t filter out white noises or disturbances.
Using a large diaphragm condenser microphone will produce a more clear and smooth audio that is noise free. Meanwhile using the dynamic microphone for studio recording instead of live performances will produce a more rugged audio.
Is it cheaper to buy an all on one studio recording kit or to buy each equipment differently?
Yes it is definitely cheaper. Buying an all in one kit can guarantee you a reasonable discount. While buying each item differently will cost a lot, though depending on if you can afford it buying each equipment differently can ensure that you are purchasing quality equipment.
As some of these quality items comes differently and not in bundles.