Are you interested in buying a pair of new studio monitors? Perhaps you’re setting up a new home music studio and you’re struggling to know what studio monitors you need.
Our objective for this page is to recommend a pair of studio monitors are great quality while being reasonably priced. These are studio monitors that we have used in the past, and that we can strongly recommend.
These studio monitors are renowned in the industry for being extremely high quality while remaining affordable.
These are our Top 3 Recommended Studio Stereo Monitors for 2021:
- PreSonus Eris E4.5 – This is what i used in my home studio and i cannot recommend them enough. I was surprised at how cheap I was able to buy this audio interface on a listing on Amazon. These studio monitors are perfect in almost every area. They are very affordable and sound great at the same time. PreSonus also have a smaller version called the Eris E3.5 which are slightly cheaper. Perfect if you’re struggling for space or money.
- KRK Rokit 5 G3 (click to check the current price on Amazon) – Extremely well known in the industry and are another great pair of studio monitors. Considerably more expensive than the PreSonus Eris E4.5 and have an extended response up to 35kHz and high-frequency adjustments that are tailor to your personal taste.
- Mackie CR Series CR3 (click to check the current price on Amazon) – Our go-to studio monitors if you’re on a budget. They look stylish while still performing well. They have a wide frequency range of 80 Hz to 20 kHz.
The role of a pair of studio monitors is to give you a clean stereo output with no additional effects such as bass so that you can hear the sound waves as close to their natural form as possible. So, in theory, they are two speakers in a stereo (left and right channel) set up with no additional effects added to them so they give a close representation of the actual sound.
These are important in a home music studio so you can then mix your music and hear the sounds accurately.
Why We Picked The PreSonus Eris E4.5
- A great choice for music lovers, content creators and gamers, the Eris E4.5 media...
- Now comes included with Studio One Prime and Studio Magic plug-in suite, over $1000...
- 4.5-inch, woven-composite, low-frequency transducer produces an accurate, balanced...
The PreSonus Eris E3.5 and E4.5 are my go-to stereo studio monitors.
The main two reasons we picked them for the 2021 top picks was because the sound quality is superb while being priced extremely reasonability.
These studio monitors could easily beat studio monitors that range from $400+.
The main reason behind that is because of the research and analytics that has been used behind the scenes in creating these studio monitors. PreSonus has spent a large amount of money in research to create these pairs of studio monitors and it shows.
They are fairly straight forward to set up and the set up will vary depending on if you already have an audio interface or not. You can directly plug these speakers into your computer but it’s always recommended to connect them to an external audio interface first.
Here’s a video of the PreSonus Eris E3.5 and E4.5 in action!
It’s hard to show you the exact quality of these studio monitors through a video as not all the sound frequencies can be picked up and the audio sounds a little muffled, but here’s a video that should help.